The Christian worldview proposes answers to the most enduring human questions. But are those answers reliable?
In this systematic text entitled Christian Apologetics: A Comprehensive Case for Biblical Faith, Douglas Groothuis makes a comprehensive apologetic case for Christian theism–proceeding from a defense of objective truth to a presentation of the key arguments for God from natural theology to a case for the credibility of Jesus, the incarnation and the resurrection. Throughout, Groothuis considers alternative views and how they fare intellectually.
- Makes a cumulative case for the Christian faith, allowing several lines of argumentation and evidence to converge
- Includes chapters by New and Old Testament scholars Craig Blomberg and Richard Hess on the reliability of the Bible
- Considers key arguments for the existence of God
- Provides a thorough summary of the origins debate and the evidence for Intelligent Design
- Extensive treatment provided on the claims of Jesus
- Takes up some of the most significant current challenges to the Christian faith