Here is an updated statement on AIIA’s status, policies, and response to the coronavirus pandemic, as of Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
• AIIA remains fully committed to participating in the effort to deter the further spread of the coronavirus as per current CDC and State of Maine guidelines.
• All AIIA-related public events remain canceled through May 31, 2002.
• FAITH MATTERS monthly events are currently scheduled to resume on June 6. However, while the situation remains fluid, please be sure to watch our website for possible last-minute changes. For the foreseeable future we will welcome guests to FAITH MATTERS events by reservation only, so be sure to call ahead. This policy will ensure our ability to observe recommended protocols and provide appropriate distancing in our meeting place. Please bring and be prepared to wear a face mask. If you are not feeling well we ask that you do not plan to attend these events.
• AIIA’S STUDY CENTER WILL ONCE AGAIN BE OPEN to drop-in visitors as of June 15. We will limit visitors to groups of no more than five at a time. Please be prepared to wear a face mask. If you are not feeling well we ask that you do not visit the Study Center.
• WE WELCOME ALL INTERESTED constituents and friends, regardless of worldview, to be in touch with us by phone (207.997.3644) or e-mail (AIIAInstitute@aol.com) as desired. We always try to promptly respond to e-mails, phone calls, and surface (USPS) mail.
• WE CONTINUE TO PUBLISH AND MAIL THE PROCLAMATION THOUGHTLETTER. If you or someone you know is not currently receiving this free one-page bimonthly publication and would like to receive it, please provide us with complete name and home mailing address information via the Contact Form on our website.
• WE HOPE THAT BY MID-JUNE the 2020 Summer Appalachian Trail hiking season will be underway, even if at some sort of scaled back level. If so, we plan to once again be outside exchanging with hikers, as well as with art students participating in local art workshops and residencies.
• PLEASE CONSULT the events calendar on AIIA’s website for developing information and other future events.
• THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WILLING to continue (or begin!) your support of this work financially, and in prayer. We’re fully convinced that all that is happening is within the framework of God’s great plan for world history. He is sovereign over every microbe in the universe and His purposes will not be thwarted. “For by [Christ] all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.” — Colossians 1:16-17, ESV