Mary and I met with her cardiologist in Bangor earlier today — May 3, 2018. Based on her most recent echocardiogram in April, and unless she begins experiencing symptoms, Dr. Crespo continues to advise that we await the results of her next echocardiogram in July before proceeding to set a date for open heart aortic valve replacement. Dr. Crespo’s best guess is that she will need surgery by late Summer or Fall at the latest. Meanwhile she is clear to continue maintaining her normal activities and routine while avoiding heavy lifting and especially strenuous activity.
So it seems that we have been granted one more window of time to make necessary arrangements in anticipation of this event. That is especially appreciated because we have yet to put a viable plan for my own personal care in place. Few home care agencies service our more remote part of Maine and two other tentative plans that we had been considering now seem even more tentative. We invite your prayers as we continue to consider the rather limited realistic options.
Thank you for your interest and support during this next challenging chapter of our lives. If circumstances change, we plan to keep you informed right here in this blog, on this website.